- read all three books I got in the mail last week
- started on a weight-lifting program I can do at home, 20 minutes every other day, which does not involve sweating (my primary requirement for any form of exercise)
- discovered that the Elvis Costello concert my brothers and I were supposed to be attending on February 28th is, in fact, not until March 15th (which is more of an "oh well" than a "wah!", since I'm still free that day)
- did a 180 on an icy road and fishtailed into a snowbank, just in front of a taxi which fortunately was able to steer around us in time ("I'm scared, Mommy," said Nicholas faintly from the back seat, as I spun the minivan's wheels trying to get it unstuck. Thank the Lord, it only took a couple of minutes' rocking back and forth to get us back on the road, and there was no damage to us or the van.)
- submitted a proposal for a presentation at Convention Alley, an academic conference about Harry Potter to be held this July in Ottawa -- I'll know in two weeks whether they accept it or not. If they accept it, I get to talk about redemption and grace and quote C.S. Lewis, which would be cool...
More to come soon, I hope.