1. Where are you right now? At my computer (duh), which is located in our spare bedroom / home office; my two-year-old son is sitting on the desk next to the monitor, and we're listening to Al Stewart's "Song on the Radio".
2. What have you lost recently? Nicholas's water bottle (not a baby bottle, but one of those square plastic Rubbermaid drink boxes with the hard plastic straws). We have two of the things and we still seem to misplace them all the time.
3. What was the first CD you ever purchased? Does that embarrass you now? It'd be far more embarrassing to ask me what the first cassette I ever purchased was (Men at Work's first album, FTR -- horribly pedestrian of me, but it could have been a lot worse, I suppose). As for the first CD... it was, I believe, a collection of Bach cello sonatas as performed by Yo Yo Ma. Not exactly cringeworthy, is it?
4. What is your favorite kind of writing pen? I'd far rather have my fingers on a keyboard, but I do like the feel of a nice calligraphy pen.
5. What is your favorite ice cream flavor? Well, there was this amazing Nestle Parlour flavour called "Chocolate Madness" that had chocolate ice cream with bits of chocolate fudge, chocolate chips, chocolate brownies and chocolate syrup in it. However, they stopped making it about a year ago. And I've been looking in vain for something comparable ever since.