1. Top five favorite movies:
Off the top of my head and in no particular order, and I know I'm going to kick myself in five minutes for forgetting something I like more --
- The Remains of the Day
- Blade Runner (the original theatrical version, not the Director's Cut)
- Lawrence of Arabia
- Twelve Angry Men
- The Princess Bride
2. Top five movies starring your favorite actor/actress
- Truly, Madly, Deeply
- Sense and Sensibility
- Quigley Down Under
- Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone
- Galaxy Quest
3. What do you get at the concession stand? Does it depend on the movie?
Smarties, M&M's, or a Kit Kat; and bottled water or iced tea. I don't like popcorn sticking in my teeth, and I don't really like carbonated beverages.
4. Best experience in a movie theater (movie-wise, of course)
Watching Truly, Madly, Deeply in a tiny art-house theatre, with three bemused friends who had no idea who Alan Rickman was or why I would want to see this squiddly little British film.
5. Worst experience in a movie theater (movie-wise)
The Fifth Element. I wanted to throw something at the screen. I wanted to walk out. If only I'd known that the person I was with felt the same way...
6. Worst movie you've ever seen
I've seen a few incredibly lame B-movies on TV (Attack of the Gargantuans, anybody? How about The Space Children?), but they failed to arouse the passionate hatred in me that The Fifth Element did.
7. Recently Apocalypse Now was named the best movie of the last 25 years. Agree or disagree?
I've never seen it. But gritty war movies, especially about Vietnam, do not interest me in the least. So I guess I'll have to disagree.
8. Cary Grant or Jimmy Stewart?