- Make a post (public, friendslocked, filtered...whatever you're comfortable with) to your LJ. The post should contain your list of 10 holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fandom-related ("I'd love a Snape/Hermione icon that's just for me") to medium ("I wish for _____ on DVD") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.") The important thing is, make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
- If you wish for real life things (not fics or icons), make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you.
- Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your LJ, or link to this post (it'll be public) so that the holiday joy will spread.
- Surf around your friendslist (or friendsfriends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. And now here's the important part:
- If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use--or even know where you could get someone's dream purebred Basset Hound for free--do it.
You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out, it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf--to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not--it's your call.
So, that done, here we go:
My Christmas List
1. I wish someone on my flist who has not read the gospel of John before would do so, trying to put aside all preconceived notions of what Christ was like and what he taught, and tell me what they think after reading it. (No, I will not comment on your comments or try to start a discussion based thereupon. Unless you explicitly say that you want to discuss it.)
2. I wish for a copy of J. Budziszewski's What We Can't Not Know or Neil Postman's Amusing Ourselves to Death - Public Discourse in the Age of Show Business. Used is fine, I don't really care if it's shiny.
3. I wish for
4. I wish for lizbee to write a fic in which the young Gabriel Snape is the lead singer for a rock band. Ha ha! Only kidding!
5. I wish for Snape/Luna fic or art. No smut. Romance is nifty, gen is good, drabbles are perfectly legit.
6. I wish for someone experienced at icon-making to make me a Kalan icon with lyrics from "After All", using a recent pic or screencap. Bonus points if it's from one of his performances on the Vicki Gabereau show, or from the West Edmonton Mall. (Yeah, I tried to do one myself, but it kinda sucks.)
7. I wish for more paid LJ time. More paid LJ time is always good.
8. I wish for detailed, insightful feedback/reviews on some of my lesser-known fics (i.e. not the D&L trilogy). Or squeeback, or an amusing flame. Whatever you can spare.
9. I wish I knew what I was doing with Chapter Sixteen, but nobody can grant that for me, alas.
10. I wish that nice agent I talked to at Bouchercon would get back to me, but nobody etc.
You can tell I started running out of ideas fast around the end. However, I may edit this over the next few days as I think of other things...
I won't be able to grant anybody else's wishes until after the move and the settling-in period, but around mid-December I will do my best to be obliging!