Though I wouldn't put it past some of the people on my flist to figure out most of them. Anyway, here goes:
1. Then I'll dream about churches / with great tall spires / Cathedrals and candles / chimneys and choirs
2. With death comes the morning / Unannounced and new
3. Wet grounds, late September / The foliage of the trees
4. I drank deep from the river / And sealed up my fate / I should have seen the trap, baby / Before it was too late
5. Some days seem to drag on forever / you need all your strength just to keep your head together / soon you'll see things are gonna get better at last...
6. My aim is steady, my sights have been set / I look for perfection inside of this wreck
7. Thinking about His sacrifice / Leaves me with a choice to make / So many stand just out of reach / With eternity at stake
8. Don't mistake me to be broken down / Just because I'm on my knees
9. She comes out of the sun in a silk dress running / Like a watercolour in the rain
10. No matter how I try, can't fault your success / Makers of their destiny must always / Deal so close to the vest
11. But you're kidding yourself if you think this correspondence will end / I can always pretend words I don't have the courage to send
12. 'Cause I love you / But you're ruining my smile
13. Why do I fear for you more than my own self / When it comes down to both our lives?
14. And your earth moves beneath / Your own dream landscape
15. My hopes my dreams come true / My life I give for you / My heart or wedding ring / My all my everything
16. I find I've wandered far from home / but home is in me wherever I roam / I thought I was an hour or a year behind / but the hours and the years are only time
17. You say it's getting better / you say it's all right / but I never felt darkness / the way I feel it tonight...
18. Lie back / leave the light on / don't you cry, dear / I'll be here...
19. She comes to speak to me / I freeze immediately / Cause what she says sounds so unreal...
20. It's the way we feel tonight / lends some warmth to our cold and lonely lives...
There are three cover versions in this list: bonus points for guessing which band/artist did the covers.
As for my comment on tonight's episode of 24:
And speaking of spoilerless, that's how I want to be for this show, so if you know anything about the next couple of episodes, don't tell me, please. Now onto the commentary:
AIEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!! I can't handle the suspense! *weeps and tears hair out*
I like the characters and the overall premise of the show much better on Alias than I do on 24, but I have to say, it's the latter that's been grabbing me every week and holding me on the edge of my seat. I was actually yelling instructions to the characters tonight, I was so caught up in what was going on -- they didn't listen to me, of course. Sigh.